- Throughout this unit, you will need to use your Google Account to log into Edpuzzle to view videos and answer questions.
- Every time you use Edpuzzle, make sure you are logged into your Google account (look at the top right hand corner of the video frame and make sure it is your name).
- Make sure to watch each video in its entirety as the work will be evaluated for this unit.
Part One - Viewing Videos: "What is Copyright (Canada)" and "Copyright Basics"
- Log into the videos below and view them and answer the questions.
- If you are unsure of an answer, watch that section again.
- Remember, your answers will be evaluated for this unit.
Visit the online copyright decision tool. This online tool was created for teachers, but many of the situations would also apply to students.
- Explore three types of "published works" options (there are eight to choose from in the orange bars). Consider selecting ones that would apply to this class (such as, "artistic work," "musical score," "audiovisual.")
- Select a situation for each one and found out what the copyright implications are.
- In a blog post, describe each case in a separate paragraph indicating: the type of published work, the situation(s) and the copyright outcome.
- Make sure to use the spellcheck feature and edit your work before posting and also give it a title.