- Click here and/or here to get some ideas on how you can create your own sound effects
- Choose four ideas (or come up with your own)
- In a blog post, explain what four sound effects you will create and include what materials you will need and whether you will have to do it at home or can complete the assignment at school
- Create your sound effects (a portable digital recorder is available for use)
- Upload your sound effects to GarageBand (edit each sound effect in separate files)
- Become familiar with how GarageBand works (refer to the video tutorials across the top of this blog)
- Using GarageBand, edit each sound effect and export it
- Some of the sound effects may be uploaded to the Digital Production 120 account on freesound.org. Click here to listen to sound effects that have already been uploaded.
- Review the checklist below to ensure you have completed everything
Note: We have an account with FreeSound where we will be able to upload our sound effects for others to hear and use.
- I completed my blog post (four sound effects I will create, what material I will need and where I will record them
- I created four sound effects and recorded them
- The recordings are of good quality
- I spent some time getting familiar with how GarageBand works
- I edited my sound effects in GarageBand (separately)
- I exported each sound effect as a separate file