Web Design (2 of 4): Exploring Website Elements


PART ONE OF TWO

Watch the video below on the anatomy of a website (elements that are included and common in most website design). Make sure you are logged in under your name and not another student's name. 

The elements that the video discusses are:
  • Header and Navigation
  • Call to Action
  • Primary Content 
  • Secondary/Tertiary Content
  • Sidebar
  • Footer
PART TWO OF TWO

Once you have completed the video and the questions, check out this site and find a few websites that effectively illustrate how these elements should be used in website design.

Take a screen shot (Mac) (Windows) showing at least one good example for each element (you can use more than one website for different elements). Using Google Drawings, upload your screenshots and identify and label the elements. 
NOTE: Google Drawings may be difficult to access, so you can also use Google Slides. 
Justify why you think the examples you selected are effective. This can be explained in one paragraph including all the elements, or in separate short sentences for each element. 

Once you have completed the assignment, you can share the assignment on Google Drawings/Google Slides and place the share link in a blog post and title the post "Exploring Website Elements." 
Note: You may need more than one Google Drawings file or more than one Google Slide to complete this assignment. 

Click here to see a student example of this assignment. Credit: Thanks to Logan B.

Self Assessment Checklist
  • I have included effective examples for each element (six elements in total).
  • I have clearly indicated on my screenshots of the websites what elements I am illustrating. 
  • I included a paragraph or separate smaller sentences justifying my example choices. 
  • I have less than three grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors in my assignment. 
  • I have completed the assignment (Google Drawings or Google Slides) and shared it with my teacher.